- Acquiring a marriage license in Hawaii is simple and on Moloka'i it can be an adventure in itself.
- No blood tests are required.
- There is no waiting period so the wedding ceremony can occur the same day the license is obtained.
- Participants must present some form of identification such as birth certificate, driver license or passport. Photo ID is not required.
- There are no residence or citizenship requirements.
- A certified Hawaiian marriage license is valid all over the world.
- To marry, partners must be at least 16 years of age. Partners under 18 must have written consent from both parents, legal guardian, or Family Court.
- Licenses are granted by the State Department of Health.
- The Marriage License Bureau on Oahu is open 7:45a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- The cost of the license is $60.00 CASH and is payable directly to the License Agent. No checks or money orders will be accepted.
- To acquire a marriage license on Molokai, contact Linda Reyes Napoleon, Marriage License Agent, for an appointment. Phone - 808.553.5552. Three weeks notice is required.
- A Hawaiian Marriage License must be used within 30 days from the date of issue.